Skip to main content

I operate a domestic heating/boiler engineer service - can I continue to operate?

Further to an Authorisation issued by the Committee for Health & Social Care, in the event of a Home Emergency - Plumbers, electricians, roofers, scaffolders and all others (repair and maintenance personnel), who reasonably and necessarily need to enter homes to provide essential emergency home and building repair and maintenance services are authorised to do so. If you do provide emergency building repair and maintenance services then you must ensure that you put in place measures, wherever possible and practical bearing in mind the nature and severity of the emergency, to ensure that social distancing of both your workforce and customers is maintained. You must also ensure adherence to hygiene guidelines. You should only travel to and from your place of work to provide those services.

From 25th April, business activities involving outside work can resume only where there is no contact with the public or householders and where social distancing can be maintained.