Skip to main content

I run an off-licence selling alcohol – can I continue to operate?

The retail and wholesale sale of food, beverages and newspapers is an essential business and, where it involves the sale of intoxicating liquor, must be in accordance with the relevant applicable alcohol licensing regulations. If you do open your business then you must ensure that you put in place measures to ensure that social distancing of both your workforce and customers is maintained. If this is not possible then you will not be able to open. You must also ensure adherence to hygiene guidelines and are strongly advised to wear face coverings. It would be preferable that where goods can be delivered that companies offer a home delivery service. You should only travel to and from your place of work to provide those services.