Essential travel includes travel:
- for a compassionate purpose, including fulfilling a legal obligation,
- to receive medical treatment,
- to accompany a child or vulnerable person into or out of the Bailiwick,
- to undertake essential business activity which is critical to the business and cannot be carried out remotely,
- to meet legal obligations such as attending court proceedings,
- to attend or return from school, university or other further education,
- for anyone ordinarily Bailiwick residents, to return home if they travelled off-Island before the 12th January,
- moving to the Bailiwick where a property has been purchased and the process of moving is already underway, or
- to take up employment where the position has already been secured with a local employer or where the work is essential.
Essential travel does not include travel:
- to visit friends and family based in the Bailiwick,
- to work remotely in the Bailiwick if that work is not critical work and approved through the critical worker application process,
- to stay at a ‘second home’ where the person is not ordinarily resident in the Bailiwick.