A death in your family or circle of friends is always difficult, but even more so in the current circumstances.
There are currently arrangements in place in order to protect the community from the risk of COVID-19. The following guidance must be followed for any funeral service, ceremony, gathering or burial:
- A maximum of 10 people can attend, not including officials or those required to support the ceremony proceedings;
- 2m social distancing must be maintained, unless from the same household;
- Hand sanitiser must be used when entering and leaving the building;
- It is strongly recommended that face-masks are worn - the service official may remove their mask during the ceremony at their discretion;
- Those who are medically vulnerable or at risk of infection should be strongly discouraged from attending;
- Anyone who is unwell with any symptoms of COVID-19 must not attend;
- Anyone who is has tested positive for COVID-19, is awaiting results from a COVID-19 test, or is in self-isolation must not attend.
There are currently no restrictions on where the ceremony can be held.
More information and useful resources are available at https://covid19.gov.gg/support/loss