Skip to main content

I live in open market accommodation, does this impact my entitlement?

The type of property that you’re occupying may impact your eligibility for income support. If you know the classification of the property that you’re occupying (e.g. Part A, B, C or D of the Open Market Register) this will be helpful when discussing what support is available to you.

If you are living in Part A, you may be entitled to a personal allowance under income support, but not a rent allowance (see below). If you are living in Part D, you are not entitled to any income support or rent allowance unless you have been resident in the Islands for 5 years or more in total.