Skip to main content

What is classed as 'essential' travel?

The Civil Contingencies Authority (CCA) has classed essential travel as:

  • For compassionate purposes (including, but not limited to supporting a dependent relative)
  • To receive medical treatment
  • To undertake essential business that cannot be transacted remotely
  • To attend school, university or other further education
  • For permanent Bailiwick residents to return home if they are currently off-Island, or
  • To travel for the purposes of critical work, as an approved critical worker (in line with the existing critical worker application process)

Essential travel does NOT include:

  • Visiting friends and family based in the Bailiwick
  • To work in the Bailiwick if that work is not critical work and approved through the critical worker application process