Skip to main content

Guernsey Coronavirus Payroll Co-Funding Scheme

This page was last updated on 17 March 2021 at 11:05hrs. 

From 15th February, a small business grant is available for qualifying businesses. More information is available at: https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/business/grant

Summary of support provisions in 2021

  • 23rd January - the Bailiwick entered into a new lockdown. Business support was made available to those businesses whose ability to trade was severely impacted and which need financial support during the period of the lockdown.
  • 15th February - a one off Small Business Grant was launched to support eligible small businesses with business overheads.
  • 8th March - Guernsey entered Recovery Stage 2. This change meant that a number of industries were able to return to near normal trading conditions and as such support was removed from these industries, effective 8th March 2021.
  • 22nd March - Guernsey has moved to Recovery Stage 3. This change will mean the return to near normal trading conditions for all business, except those depend on Travel / Tourism. Business Support co-funding support will cease for all non-Travel/Tourism related business, effective 22nd March 2021.
  • The end date for registering to receive Business Support for any period from start of lock-down is 1st April 2021.
  • Travel and Tourism related business continue to be eligible for Business Support due to the border restrictions until end June 2021 (subject to further review when changes to the border restrictions are made).
  • The Visitor Accommodation Support Scheme, is a separate scheme and will continue to support the industry where needed until March 2022.

From 23rd January 2021 applicable businesses that experienced a significant downturn as a result of the lockdown have been able to apply through the Payroll Co-Funding Scheme for a reimbursement of 80% of the minimum wage for their employees, capped at 42 hours per week. Employers must cover the remaining 20% to ensure that employees are paid at least the minimum wage (£8.70 an hour) for the hours they would normally work.

The Payroll Co-Funding Scheme will be paid monthly in arrears.

From 1st February, applications can be made for reimbursement payments for the period 23rd January, 2021 to 31st January, 2021. The payment for this period will be capped at 42 hours per person.

From 1st March, applications can be made for reimbursement payments for the period 1st February 2021 to 28th February 2021. The payment for this period will be capped at 168 per person.

Applications for reimbursements for the period 1st March to 31st March will open on 1st April. For details of changes to the scheme to be applied in respect of claims for March please see:

  • What support provisions are available from 1st March 2021?
  • How does the Payroll Co-Funding Scheme support change as we enter Recovery Stage 2 (8th March 2021) and Recovery Stage 3 (22nd March 2021)?

Eligible businesses can apply for support here: https://business-support.gov.gg.

Questions regarding the business support package should be directed to the Business Support team via email business.support@gov.gg or telephone 743803 (Phone lines are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).

For our most frequently asked questions go to: https://covid19.gov.gg/faqs

COVID-19 contacts

Clinical questions

Phoneline available 24 hours a day. Email inbox monitored Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00

Non-clinical enquiries

Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00

Businesses with financial concerns

Critical Travel

Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00

Education

Monday to Friday 08:30-17:00

Financial support for individuals

Monday to Friday 8:30 - 16:00

Business Queries

Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00