Following the Bailiwick's move into Recovery Stage 3 on 22nd March 2021, the Business Support scheme has been scaled back in recognition that most of the on-island economy is able to trade at normal or near normal levels.
Summary of support provisions from 1st April 2021
- Travel and Tourism related business continue to be eligible for Business Support due to the border restrictions until September 30th, 2021.
- The Visitor Accommodation Support Scheme and the Tourist Attraction Support scheme are separate schemes and will continue to support the industry where needed until March 2022.
- Registration in now closed for the Business Support scheme.
Details support provisions from 1st April 2021
- The level of support provided will be based on the impact on turnover of the businesses.
- Businesses that are trading at less than 40% turnover for the same month in 2019 will receive 100% payroll support, for the minimum wage to a maximum of 42 hours per week per employee, including the self-employed and sole traders.
- Businesses that are trading with a turnover of between 40% and 70% for the same month in 2019 will receive 80% co-funding payroll support, based on the minimum wage to a maximum of 42 hours per week per employee, including self-employed and sole traders.
- Businesses that are trading with a turnover above 70% will not be supported.
- Support is paid monthly in arrears.
- Application criteria and rules apply.
Eligible businesses can apply for support here: https://business-support.gov.gg.
Questions regarding the business support package should be directed to the Business Support team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 220003 (Phone lines are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).
For our most frequently asked questions go to: https://covid19.gov.gg/faqs