Free Lateral Flow Test kits are available for all Islanders to collect or apply for online.
To help manage the island’s supplies of LFT packs islanders should only collect or request packs if their household has no current supply or is running low. It is very important that islanders do not stockpile LFT packs.
In Guernsey, the kits are available to collect from The Guernsey Information Centre, North Esplanade, St Peter Port, at the following times:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
| 9:00am - 3:00pm
| 10:00am - 2:00pm
In Alderney, LFTs are available from the Welcome Team at the Harbour on Monday-Friday from 9:00am - 10:30am and 1:30pm - 2:30pm and from the Charity Shop in town.
Anyone not able to collect a pack in person can ask a friend or family member to collect one for them. If this is not possible, they can use this form: Request for LFT delivery (office.com) to arrange a delivery. Delivery is approximately 3-5 business days, so please bear with us.
When to take an LFT?
During the winter months, Islanders are urged to step up vigilance and take further precautions including regular Lateral Flow Testing. Free kits are being provided, and we encourage everyone (aged 12 and over) to use them:
- To regularly test themselves to check if they have the virus - it is recommended they take two tests per week, every week.
- Before attending an event or meeting in a crowded or poorly ventilated place, or somewhere where social distancing or the wearing of a mask is not possible or practical;
- If they are asked to do so by the Contract Tracing Team as they have been identified as a contact of a case;
- Before visiting a vulnerable person, for example someone living in a Care and Residential Home
- Before attending any health and care facility e.g. the CVC, the PEH campus, any GP practice or nursing/residential care home. This guidance also extends to Alderney.
- If asked to do so by Public Health Services or a Health or Care provider.
We recommend testing yourself twice a week, every 3 to 4 days – for example, every Monday and Thursday or Wednesday and Sunday. If you are attending an event or gathering, plan to take one of your weekly tests before this, this will help keep our community safe and stop the spread of the virus.
For more info and the most frequently asked questions about LFTs please go to: Lateral Flow Test (LFT) packs - Frequently Asked Questions | States of Guernsey - COVID-19 (gov.gg)