It is only possible to reduce the 14 day period of mandatory self-isolation to a 7 day period for one or more of the following reasons:
- Travelling to the Bailiwick to visit or support a terminally ill person;
- Travelling to the Bailiwick to attend a funeral;
- Travelling to or from the Bailiwick to support shared care arrangements for children and young people;
- Travelling to the Bailiwick to support an adult with complex needs or a learning disability for whom the traveller has caring responsibilities.
- Travelling to or from a UK hospital for treatment which has been approved through the Off-Island Services
- Travelling to the Bailiwick and then receiving medical care during the 14 days isolation in the Bailiwick
- Travelling to the Bailiwick to receive end of life care
In order to apply for a variation you must download and complete this form.
Where possible, please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading: Your ‘Name’ & ‘Variation of Mandatory Self-Isolation’.
If submitting by post please send to:
Ref: Variation of Mandatory Self-Isolation
States of Guernsey
Princess Elizabeth Hospital
Public Health Services aim to respond within 7 days.
It is possible to waiver the mandatory self-isolation period to allow you to visit a friend/relative who is in the end stages of life. For this to be considered you must provide supporting information for the Palliative Care Team or Les Bourgs Hospice.