Those who are arriving in Guernsey from a Category 3 or 4 country or region and have genuine reasons for being unable to complete their full self-isolation period or to adhere to enhanced passive follow-up (Category 3) may apply for a variation in self-isolation. This variation will be very limited & usually only allow leaving isolation for exercise. When travel is from a category 4 country this will only be after receipt of a negative day 7 test result. Children will NOT be allowed to return to school during the full isolation period.
- Current, serious mental health problems (this must be supported by a medical or mental health professional)
- Following medical treatment/investigations/appointments at a UK hospital, approved by the Off-Island Services Team
- Following private medical appointments for approved treatment/investigations which are unavailable on island
- Visiting a close friend or relative who is receiving end-of-life care in Guernsey
- Attending a funeral in Guernsey
- Accompanying a child or vulnerable adult
- Children who are subject to court orders or mediated agreements for shared-care between parents in different jurisdictions.
- UK critical workers who are unable to take 14 days leave due to operational reasons
The application form is available here or in the downloads section below.
Please complete the form with as much detail as you can as this will reduce the need for further correspondence prior to consideration. Then return to firstname.lastname@example.org alongside any supporting documentation (such as a doctor’s letter or letter from your employer) as appropriate.
If submitting by post, please send to:
REF: Variation of Mandatory Self-Isolation
States of Guernsey
Princess Elizabeth Hospital