We are aware that the unexpected announcement of the lockdown on Saturday 23 January 2021 has impacted on people’s transport arrangements to get to the Community Vaccination Centre (CVC).
To be clear, you are allowed to leave your house to have your vaccine and then return home, in the same way as you can leave your house for urgent medical treatment.
It is very important, providing that you are feeling well on the day, that you attend and have the vaccine at the appointment time that has been arranged for you. The CVC has been designed to ensure infection control measures are in place and there is 2-metre social distancing throughout.
If you have an appointment during lockdown for your vaccine at the CVC, we would recommend that you use the following forms of transport:
- You can drive yourself
- A member of your household can drive you
- A friend or family member (not from your household) can drive you. You must both wear masks. You must sit in the back seat with the windows open
- You can cycle or walk yourself, if it is convenient for you and you feel confident in doing so.
If none of the above options are available to you then it is also possible to make use of the following services:
- St John has a pool of volunteer drivers who can arrange to pick you up and drop you home. All the necessary safety and infection control measures are in place to ensure you are not put at risk. If you wish to use this service, please call 727129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Connections runs a Voluntary Transport Service who can assist in getting Islanders to and from their vaccination appointments. For more info, please call 01481 747227 or email email@example.com
- You can book a taxi to pick you up, wait for you outside while you are in the CVC, and then deliver you home. Standard taxi charges will apply for this service. Again, all the necessary safety and infection control measures are in place.
While it is the least recommended option with regard to your own safety, the scheduled bus service may also be used.
Whichever way you travel to the CVC it is important that you take the recommended 15 minutes rest in the designated area after having your vaccination. If you have any concerns about continuing your journey, please speak to a member of the team.