If you do start to experience any symptoms, no matter how mild, please contact the Clinical Helpline by calling 01481 756938 or 01481 756969.
The helpline is there to give you advice Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm.
The symptoms that you should be aware of are:
- New and severe fatigue
- New muscle ache for no obvious reason
- Headache (sinus pain, pain around eyes)
- Loss of smell/taste
- Sore throat
- Fever (high temperature, rigors, chills, can’t get warm)
- Shortness of breath, chest tightness
- Continuous new cough
- Children and Over 80s and 90s – loose stool, mild fever, not themselves with a cough presenting later
If you feel very unwell, phone 999 and tell the operator of your symptoms. Please do not visit your GP or the Emergency Department at the hospital unannounced.