States of Guernsey administrative buildings are now open to the public, although an appointment may be required - further details on how to continue using/contacting specific customer services during Stage 3 are on this page.
Beau Sejour opened to the public on Tuesday 9th March. Beau Sejour has been working hard with its COVID Vaccination Centre (CVC) colleagues to ensure activities and facilities offered to the public are able to run alongside the CVC in the safest way possible, complying with all the recent guidelines. There are number of things for customers to be aware of, as the look and feel of the Centre will be quite different to what customers usually expect. More information on this can be found here.
Health and Social Care
All health and social care services have resumed although some safety measures are still in place, which are independent to Stage 3 of the Exit form Lockdown framework
- The PEH is back open to visitors but wearing masks is mandatory for everyone inside the building
- All elective surgery and outpatient appointments have resumed. (People undergoing procedures should follow any guidance given to them in the lead up, including pre-surgery testing and possible isolation recommendations)
- Care home activity, including visitations, have returned to normal, although social distancing and use of face coverings will still be adopted where appropriate
- Secondary mental health services have resumed face-to-face appointments. Face masks must also be worn for these appointments if it is not possible to socially distance and it is clinically appropriate to do so.
- Expectant mothers and birth partners will continue to be screened for COVID from 39 weeks gestation and will be advised to minimise social contact from that time
- Only one birth partner can attend labours and births for the time being and both expectant mother and birth partner will undergo COVID swabs on admission and daily throughout their stay
- Postnatal visits have returned to normal with a maximum of 4 visitors per bed, with all adults required to wear surgical masks
Anyone feeling unwell in any way is asked not to attend the hospital or any HSC facilities, as well as care homes. Those with clinical appointments that feel unwell should call ahead to discuss their situation.
Corporate Customer Counter
- Customers are encouraged to pay for services online at www.gov.gg/payit
- If customers are unable to pay online, the corporate customer counter will continue to operate an appointment only service. Requests for appointments should be made by calling 01481 225700.
- Payments for Revenue Service must be made either online via www.gov.gg/payit, or call 225700. For corporate payments please call 223002.
Employment & Social Security
- Anyone needing to contact Employment & Social Security is asked to telephone or email the relevant service and staff will deal with things either over the telephone, by offering online services or through email exchanges. If it becomes apparent that customers need to visit the office staff will provide a fixed appointment where ever possible.
- If you are unable to access services online and either wish to discuss your circumstances by telephone or make an appointment, please telephone 222500 between 8.30am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
- The Cadastre office is operating remotely.
- All enquiries should be made by calling 01481 221239 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
States Works – La Hure Mare building
- The customer counter will be open. For convenience, customers are encouraged to use our online services or call if they can.
- The office is open to those invited to attend a pre-arranged appointment
- Food waste caddies and glass bags can be obtained from the Household Waste & Recycling Centre and Parish offices
- Bulk Refuse and end of life vehicle applications can be made online www.gov.gg/bulkrefuse
- The Harbour Office is open for invited visitors and essential contractors.
- The Marine Service Centre counter is open to visitors from 0800 to 1600 hours Monday to Friday.
- The Marina Office on the Albert Pier is open 0600hrs – 2200hrs seven days a week.
Guernsey Water – Brickfield House
- Customers are encouraged to use the online services. Payments for services can all be made online via www.gov.gg/payit. Assistance with payments can be accessed by calling 239500 or by email email@example.com.
- The counter will be open. Where possible, appointments should be made in advance.
- The Population Management Office will continue to provide a full online service. All applications can be made online at http://populationportal.gov.gg/. Further information can be found on our website www.gov.gg/populationmanagement.
- For enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to an Officer, please call 01481 225790.
- Please be advised that the Population Management Office is encouraging individuals to contact the office prior to visiting in-person, as the office is operating on an appointment-only basis.
Planning & Building Control
- Most planning and building control services are now available online https://gov.gg/planningandbuilding
- Planning and Building Control can be contacted by email at email@example.com
- Current live planning applications can be viewed here: https://www.gov.gg/liveplanningapplications
- An appointment service will operate for customers unable to access the service they require either online or by telephone.
- If you are unable to access our services online, please telephone 226200 between 9am-4pm Monday to Friday for assistance.
Traffic & Highway Services (including Driver and Vehicle Licensing)
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing counters will reopen to the public between 9.00am and 4.00pm from Monday 22nd March.
- Customers are encouraged to prioritise submitting applications by post or online (where services are available in this format).
- For enquiries please phone (223400) or email (through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as appropriate).
- Theory and practical driving tests are operating and tests can be booked online at www.traffic.gov.gg
- Candidates who had to postpone their test due to lockdown have been granted an online payment token to rebook their test free of charge.
- For any Traffic and Highway Services related enquiries, please visit www.gov.gg/traffic or to resolve any enquiries please telephone 223400 or email:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for roadworks, parking suspended, vehicle permits and signs and lines enquiries; or
- email@example.com for road resurfacing projects, potholes, drainage and street cleaning.
- The Traffic and Highway Services office at Raymond Falla House remains closed to the public.
- The New Jetty public counter will be open from 9:00am to 13:00, Monday - Friday, in addition, appointments can be made for any matters that are urgent.
- The contact numbers and email addresses are as follows:-
- In addition, any applications/correspondence can be posted through the letter box in the staff door.
Guernsey and Alderney Airports
- The Airport Terminal Building is only accessible to travelling members of the public and essential staff.
- The Airport Control Tower Building and Fire Station Building are open for invited visitors and essential contractors only.
From Sunday 28 March to Sunday 2 May 2021 inclusive, the terminal opening and airport operating hours will be as follows:
Guernsey Airport Terminal Opening Hours (local time):
Monday to Thursday 05:30 to 19:15
Friday and Saturday 05:30 to 20:00
Sunday 07:30 to 20:00
Guernsey Airport Operating Hours (local time):
Weekdays 06:30 to 21:00
Saturday 06:30 to 21:00
Sunday 06:30 to 21:00
Alderney Airport Terminal Opening Hours (local time):
Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 18:30
Friday and Saturday 07:30 to 19:15
Sunday 09:00 to 19:15
Alderney Airport Operating Hours (local time):
Monday to Thursday 07:40 to 18:30
Friday to Sunday 07:40 to 19:30
There are currently no changes to the current medevac operations, including the transportation of urgent medical and pathology supplies.